Visit two of the most incredible places in Madrid, Cibeles Palace and Retiro Park, on this unique walking tour!
Tour to Toledo & Cuenca from Madrid
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
- Infant Ages 0-2
Visit Cuenca & Toledo on a Tour from Madrid
Begin your day by boarding the bus in Madrid as we go to our first destination, Cuenca. Our professional guide takes you through the historic centre, explaining more about the events that have taken place in this city over the centuries. You can observe the castle, whose first construction dates from the time of Arab domination. Going down Trabuco Street, you can see the incredible views of the Huécar and Júcar gorges with the Parador de Cuenca on top of the hill.
Passing by the Church of San Pedro, we arrive at the Plaza Mayor, and from there, you’re able to approach the Cathedral, which has a neogothic style. When the guided tour is over, you have free time to enjoy the beautiful landscape formed by the hanging houses and take pictures before returning to the bus. Discover all the secrets of this incredible city.
The second stop is in Toledo. This city, embraced by the Tajo River, owes part of its historical importance to this geographical position. In this city, Muslims, Jews, and Christians lived in harmony, and with the help of your guide, you can discover the vestiges of these cultures that were scattered throughout the city. Upon arrival, you have some free time to try some of Toledo’s gastronomic specialties on your own. Right after that, you start the walking tour at Plaza de Zocodover, the heart of the city, and from there you pass by the most important points such as Calle Comercio, the Cathedral, Santo Tomé, or Santa María la Blanca.
You finish at the San Martín bridge and then stop briefly at the Mirador del Valle, an incredible place where you’re able to observe all of Toledo city. You won’t forget the image of this amazing city surrounded by the river. Then, we take the bus to return to Madrid.
There is no doubt that this is a tour where you learn a lot about history, architecture, and construction on your visit to Madrid. It’s your opportunity to visit two spectacular cities in just one day!
- Surprise yourself with the hanging houses of Cuenca, beautiful balconies of gothic architecture hanging over a cliff.
- Discover the first gothic cathedral built in Castile, the Cathedral of Cuenca.
- See the Parador de Cuenca, a 16th-century monastery on the edge of the cliff made by the river Huécar.
- Take photos of the San Martin bridge, which was destroyed by the architect’s wife so that he could redo the project that was wrong.
- Walk through the streets of Toledo’s historic centre, where Jews, Muslims, and Christians once lived together.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle from meeting point in Madrid and back
- Bilingual guide (simultaneously in English and Spanish)
- Tickets to the monuments
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off