While you are in Mexico City, do not miss the opportunity to visit one of the main colonial cities of Mexico: San Miguel de Allende, in Guanajuato.
Private Tour to Xochimilco & Coyoacán
- Private Tour From
This is one of our most colorful excursions, not only because of the visit to the famous quarter of Coyoacan but also because of the majestic architecture of the National University of Mexico (UNAM).
The landscapes and the picturesque colonial Coyoacan, and Xochimilco’s colors and sounds… The name speaks for itself: “Place of Flowers.”
The first stop is Coyoacan, which in Nahuatl means “place of those with coyotes”. Next, you will continue down South, to a favorite of Frida Kahlo’s, Xochimilco. The history of this place begins many years ago in ancient Mexico.
The history of this place comes from prehispanic time, it was in this area where the first community centers in the highlands of Mesoamerica developed, for over 2,500 years this place has been changing and evolving, either due to natural causes such as volcanic eruptions or because of human intervention, as the urban area’s expansion.
- Float down the tranquil canals of Xochimilco on a punt
- Go to the colonial district of Coyoacan and walk down leafy cobblestone streets
- See stunning murals by Juan O’Gorman
- Enjoy a local lunch (at your own expense) while admiring the street art of Coyoacan
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private guide
- Ride on Trajinera
- Food and drinks
- Optional tips
- Entrance to Frida Kahlo Museum