Skip the lines and get inside one of the most memorable royal castles in Europe, the Royal Palace of Madrid, on this afternoon tour.
Cibeles Palace & Retiro Park Tour
- Adult Adults 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
- Infant Ages 0-2
Visit Cibeles Palace and Retiro Park
More than 400 years old, the Retiro Park is the most important green area in Madrid, and your visit to the Spanish capital would not be complete without a walk through this wonderful green lung located in the center of the city.
You start the walking tour with a visit to the Cibeles Palace. This beautiful building, located at the intersection of Paseo del Prado and Calle Alcalá, was built in what at that time were the Jardines del Buen Retiro. You enter with the guide and, after getting to know the interior, from its rooftop you can enjoy an incredible view of the Gran Vía. You won’t forget the image of Madrid that you get from this point. Don’t forget your camera!
Then you go up Alcalá Street to enter Retiro Park. In the 17th century, the Count-Duke of Olivares designed a space for the recreation of the king and his court, giving rise to the Jardines del Buen Retiro. In 1868 it became a municipal park, and since then, many elements have been added to its heritage. The guide shows you and explains the historical context behind the park’s most outstanding attractions. You can marvel at the size of the Big Pond, be dazzled by the beauty of the Crystal Palace, contemplate the Fountain of the Galapagos, or discover the legend of the statue of the Fallen Angel.
Lose yourself in its beautiful places, surrounded by trees and animals, and discover why this park is called Madrid’s lung.
At the end of the tour, you can stay in the park, as it has many corners where you can sit down to rest and take a break from the stress of the city.
- Get to know the interior of the old Madrid Post Office building and contemplate the views of Madrid’s oldest street, the Gran Vía, from its rooftop.
- See the Retiro Pond that was built by order of Philip IV to recreate naval battles in it.
- Admire the beauty of the Crystal Palace and discover why it resembles a greenhouse.
- Discover the symbolism hidden in the statue of the Fallen Angel and why it is situated at 666 metres above sea level.
- Access to the terrace roof of the Cibeles Palace
- Bilingual guide
- Drinks and food