Rioja and Ribera del Duero Wineries from Madrid
From Madrid, we will move to our first stop in the province of Burgos. Admiring the Spanish plateau landscapes, you will get a touch of how vineyards are planted. Wine culture in Spanish has a large tradition, not only for own consumption but to trade with it all over the world. We will also know the meaning and importance of being a Denomination of Origin wine. This is due to its excellent quality and exclusive characteristics, in this case, D.O. Rioja and Ribera del Duero.
In a guided tour, we will visit our first winery and they will show us how they carry out their production, their facilities and the importance of their architecture, and their techniques and artistic touches. But this is not all! They will offer us a wine tasting, accompanied by some appetizers. After whetting your appetite, you will have free time to have lunch and try typical dishes of the zone.
From here we will move to our next winery, in the province of La Rioja. During the trip, you can admire the importance of the Mediterranean climate for the creation and production of this precious good. This winery with more than 150 years of history, will make you deep even more in this field. Here, you will also have the chance to taste new wines and appetizers.
After this experience, you will feel completely like a winemaker, having learned about its process, its importance in Spanish culture, and its great production that travels to many countries!
- Get to know two of the most important wine brands from Spain
- Learn about the meaning of Denomination of Origin wine
- Visit the facilities of wine production in a guided visit
- Taste some of the most iconic Ribera and Rioja wines
- Have the chance to try some appetizers during the visit
- Transportation from the meeting point
- Bilingual guide (simultaneously in English and Spanish)
- Entrance to 2 wine cellars and wine tasting
- Food & drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off