Enjoy a guided tour through Barcelona’s famous Sagrada Familia cathedral, known for its unique architecture, ornate adornments, and Christian imagery.
Montserrat Monastery & Sagrada Familia Tour
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
- Infant Ages 0-2
First, we depart from Barcelona to the Montserrat Monastery. Visit the Montserrat museum and marvel at its cultural heritage. Here you can learn all about the archeology of the east from Mesopotamia, Cyprus, Egypt, and Palestine. Spend time admiring old paintings from the 13th to 18th centuries by artists such as Morales, El Greco, Caravaggio, and others.
Fall in love with the architecture of the basilica, which combines Gothic and Renaissance styles. Get the chance to see the beautiful atrium and sacristy, where we gain an appreciation for the singers, composers, and teachers through the explanatory audiovisual presentation.
In the afternoon, when you get back to Barcelona, grab a bite to eat before heading to the cathedral of the Sagrada Familia. Gaze at the facades and ornate interior of the basilica while learning fascinating details about the church’s construction, architecture, and symbols. You will see the facades and the interior in stone, where you will observe certain symbolisms with the Christian ideology and faith that the guide will explain to you. In this temple, you will identify an exaltation of the Family of Nazareth, as a model of a united and Christian family.
Note: between tours and once the tour to Montserrat is finished, you will have free time on your own before you meet the guide for Sagrada Familia’s visit.
- Discover the spirituality of the Monastery of Montserrat
- Taste liquors made by the monks
- Visit the impressive interior of the Sagrada Familia
- Admire the colorful stained glass windows
- Transportation from the meeting point to the Montserrat monastery
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Tickets to the Montserrat monastery and Sagrada Familia
- Liquor tasting
- Access to the towers of Sagrada Familia
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off