Explore the Ancient Ruins of Teotihuacán on a Tour from Mexico City
Are you planning a trip to Mexico City and looking for a unique experience? Look no further than the ancient ruins of Teotihuacán, just a short drive outside of the city. Teotihuacán was one of the most important Mesoamerican cities, and its ruins are among the most impressive in the world. Here’s everything you need to know about visiting Teotihuacán on a tour from Mexico City with Amigo Tours.
A Brief Overview of Teotihuacán’s History
Teotihuacán was founded around 200 BCE and reached its peak between 150 CE and 450 CE, when it was one of the largest cities in the world. At its height, Teotihuacán was home to over 100,000 people and covered an area of more than 20 square kilometers.
The city was built by the Mexicas, who are believed to have migrated from the Mexican Gulf Coast. The mexicas were skilled builders and architects, and they created a city that was both beautiful and functional.
Teotihuacán was home to some of the most impressive architecture in pre-Columbian America. The city’s most famous structures include the Pyramid of the Sun, the Pyramid of the Moon, and the Temple of the Feathered Serpent. These structures were built using stone, adobe, and stucco, and they were adorned with intricate carvings and murals.
Despite its size and importance, very little is known about the people who lived in Teotihuacán. The city was abandoned around 700 CE for reasons that remain unclear, and it was not rediscovered until the 19th century.
Tips for Taking a Teotihuacan Tour
If you’re planning a Teotihuacan tour from Mexico City, here are some tips to help you make the most of your experience:
- Wear comfortable shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking on the tour, so make sure to wear shoes that are comfortable and supportive.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat: Teotihuacan is located in the desert, so it can get quite hot and sunny. Protect yourself from the sun by bringing sunscreen and a hat.
- Stay hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated while exploring the ruins. Bring a water bottle with you and drink plenty of wáter always.
Why Take a Tour with Amigo Tours?
There are several reasons why taking a tour of Teotihuacán with Amigo Tours is the best way to experience these ancient ruins:
- Knowledgeable guides: Amigo Tours’ guides are experts in Mexican history and culture, and will provide you with a wealth of information about the ruins and the surrounding area.
- Convenient transportation: You don’t have to worry about navigating the busy streets of Mexico City or finding a parking spot at the ruins. Amigo Tours will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.
- Small group size: Amigo Tours keeps their groups small, with a maximum of 25 people per tour. This ensures a personalized experience and plenty of time to ask questions.
- Skip the line: With Amigo Tours, you’ll have skip-the-line access to the Teotihuacán ruins, so you won’t waste time waiting in line.