While you are in Mexico City, do not miss the opportunity to visit a Freixenet Wine Cellar in Querétaro. Learn about winemaking and enjoy food and wine samples.
Volcanoes Small Group Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
Explore the Landscape of Mexico’s Volcanoes
Our day begins early in the morning when we head on a bus ride to “La Joya” on the famous “Paso de Cortés”. This was named for being the place where the Spanish conquistadors and Hernán Cortés crossed on their way to Mexico-Tenochtitlan in 1519.
You will have the opportunity to check the impressive landscapes created by nature, and see how these change as you go along the mountain trails: you can go from seasonal snowfalls to the diversity of flora and fauna of the site; In addition, the tranquility of the place will give a special touch to the amazing views of the Valley of Mexico. You will enjoy unforgettable landscapes on this tour, so if you like to take panoramic pictures and be in contact with nature, this will be a great experience.
Test your limits and walk the trails in the middle climbing up to 4300 meters above sea level. Remember to take into account your lung capacity and follow the instructions of our local guide, in order to enjoy this tour in a pleasant way.
- Please note that this tour involves a significant amount of walking on uneven terrain and is subject to the physical ability of the group as a whole.
- For your own safety, follow the instructions at all times, stay with the group, and don’t forget to bring water and light snacks (such as chocolates, granola bars, seeds, etc.) to recharge your batteries.
- Bring appropriate equipment for the mountains (tennis shoes and sandals, as well as casual shoes with flat soles or mules, are not suitable for this activity)
- Please wear long pants (shorts are not suitable for this tour), as well as some layers of clothing, as weather conditions could change.
- Meet nature on a pleasant walk through the mountains
- Breathe in the fresh air of this iconic natural landscape
- Enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding towns, Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl
- Certified bilingual guide experienced in mountaineering
- Round-trip transfer from the meeting point
- Entrance to the volcano natural park
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel
- MIGA CAFE, Calle Liverpool 174 at 06:20 am
- Hostel Amigo. Isabel la Católica 61-A at 06:50 am