Visit Teotihuacan, the “City of the Gods,” in the early morning, before the tour groups from Mexico City begin to crowd one of the most famous and popular sites in the world.
Fireflies Sighting Tour in Tlaxcala with snacks
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 5-11
Live a unique experience only available for two months a year hiking among one of the most magical creatures on the planet, the fireflies.
This tour, only available for two months a year, will start in Mexico City where we will depart to the firefly sanctuary in Tlaxcala. Once at El Encanto de la Luciernaga we will wait for night to fall while we recharge our energies and stretch our legs. Before starting the route, we will learn about the path to follow and the ecosystem. Once ready, the adventure will begin.
Covered by the darkness of the night, we will start our hike along the wooded path with a certified guide. We will visualize organic flashes in the air as a result of the magical combination of light and life that are the fireflies. For approximately three hours we will walk among living stars that will fly around us, illuminating the sanctuary.
Once the route is finished, we will go to the transport that will return us back to Mexico City.
- Entrance to the firefly sanctuary
- Round-trip transfer from meeting point
- Bilingual guide
- Food and drinks: tamal and atole or coffee and bread
- Optional tips
- Hostal Amigo. Isabel la Católica 61-A, Center at 15:45h
- The tour can be canceled due to closures of the sanctuary due to weather.
- The use of dark clothing is mandatory, without reflections or phosphorescent color.
- We recommend bringing comfortable walking shoes, raincoats, water, snacks, and an extra set of clothes in case of rain.
- The use of flashlights, cell phones, and any other device that emits light, music or noise is not allowed.
- Umbrellas are not allowed.
- The use of mosquito repellents to preserve fireflies is not allowed.
- No pets allowed.