Visit Teotihuacan, the “City of the Gods,” in the early morning, before the tour groups from Mexico City begin to crowd one of the most famous and popular sites in the world.
Fireflies Sighting Tour in Tlaxcala with snacks
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 5-11
Experience the Magic of Fireflies in Tlaxcala
Live a unique experience available for two months a year, walking among one of the most magical creatures on the planet, the fireflies.
The tour will begin in Mexico City, from where we will go to the Firefly Sanctuary in Tlaxcala. Once at El Encanto de la Luciernaga, we will wait for the night to fall while we recharge our batteries and stretch our legs. Before starting the route, we will know the path to follow and the ecosystem. Once ready, we will start the adventure.
Discover the Enchanting World of Fireflies at El Encanto de la Luciernaga
Covered by the darkness of the night, we will begin our walk along the wooded path with a certified guide. We will visualize organic flashes in the air as a result of the magical combination of light and life that fireflies are. For approximately three hours we will walk among living stars that will fly around us, illuminating the sanctuary.
Once the route is finished, we will go to the transport that will take us back to Mexico City.
A Guided Night Hike Through a Firefly Sanctuary in Tlaxcala
- The use of dark clothing is mandatory, without reflections or phosphorescent color.
- We recommend bringing comfortable walking shoes, raincoats, water, snacks, and an extra change of clothes in case of rain.
- The use of umbrellas, mosquito repellent, flashlights, cell phones, cameras with flash, and any other device that emits light, music, or noise is not allowed.
- No pets allowed.
- An interpreter will be used to translate into English.
- Bad weather can affect the quality of the sighting and even cancel the tour.
- Have the opportunity to learn about the ecosystem and nature of this place
- Enjoy the sighting of fireflies in a natural environment, preserved and protected
- Live a unique hiking natural experience
- Entrance to the firefly sanctuary
- Round-trip transfer from the meeting point
- Bilingual guide
- Food and drinks: tamal and atole or coffee and bread
- Optional tips
- Hostal Amigo. Isabel la Católica 61-A, Center at 15:45h