Explore the landscape of Mexico’s impressive volcanoes as you take in the amazing panoramic views and snap awesome photos of your surroundings.
Taxco, Cuernavaca & Prehispanic Mine Tour
- Without Mine
- Adult Ages 12+ $
- Child Ages 3-11
- With Mine
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
Visit Taxco & Prehispanic Mine Outside Mexico City
Taxco is the oldest mining city in America, mines abound here, but there is one in particular that stands out for being unique in its class; the pre-Hispanic Mine, whose date of exploitation dates from 1400 to 1500. Descend in an authentic mining elevator and travel through a beautifully illuminated 150-meter tunnel, where you will appreciate the sparkling of the walls due to the precious metals still found in them.
Inside you will be shown how the ancient settlers carried out the mining work, what tools they used to extract the metals, and what techniques they used to find the coveted metals. Coming out of the bowels of the earth, you can admire a mural by the muralist Juan O’Gorman, who, out of his love for this beautiful city, worked with materials from the region a beautiful mural dedicated to the last Aztec emperor.
Continue discovering the history of the city, Taxco is located on a hill where it is easy to admire the beauty of its white houses and red tile roofs, with cobblestone streets, and an atmosphere reminiscent of the old world, walk along with your guide its cozy squares, learn more about its history and enjoy the best spots to take the best pictures.
Visit the most beautiful temple in Mexico, Santa Prisca; built-in 1758 by the French immigrant José de la Borda, who literally stumbled upon a huge silver spring. Taxco is known worldwide for its silver mines and quality stores, you will have the opportunity to see and buy works of art by Mexican artisans.
- Get to know the importance of silver mines and shops from the famous town of Taxco.
- Visit the one-of-a-kind Pre-Hispanic Mine and live an incredible experience.
- Roundtrip transportation from meeting point
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance to Prehispanic Mine (if option selected
- Food and beverages
- Optional tips
- Hotel NH Reforma Collection , 155 Liverpool St Col. Juarez CDMX at 6:20 am
- Hostal Amigo (Isabel la Católica 61) at 6:50 am
- Please be aware that this tour involves a considerate amount of walking on irregular ground.