Ticket to San Juan de Ulua
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
Discover San Juan de Ulua, a large complex of fortresses, prisons, and a former palace
Make the most of your time in Veracruz with an insightful visit to one of the most important historical monuments in the city. Explore the San Juan de Ulua Fortress with a skip-the-line ticket, tour its mysterious tunnels, and learn about its remarkable history and impact.
Built on an islet to defend the port from pirate attacks, step into a mystical site overlooking the Veracruz ocean. Enjoy panoramic views from the top and get lost in its dark hallways as you travel back in time through its many phases, including the many years it served as a prison.
Take in the striking Italian-style architecture of this 16th-century site. In addition to exploring the facilities, you can also browse through a collection of archaeological pieces gathered from the Gulf of Mexico region.
• Sense the mysterious atmosphere of a historic site that served several purposes
• Explore the San Juan de Ulua Fortress that defended Veracruz from pirates
• Learn about the site’s history, from its first days to when it became a prison
• Observe a collection of archaeological pieces from the Gulf of Mexico region
• Be amazed by the panoramic views of the sea from the fortress’ observation deck
• Skip-the-line entrance ticket
• Taxes and other payments
• Food and drinks